Draeger’s Cancellation Policies and Terms & Conditions
Classes are held in Draegers Cooking Schools are at the "Top of the Market,"
on the second floor of our Menlo Park and San Mateo stores,
and in the rear entrance of our Blackhawk store.
Be sure to make note of WHICH
school you have registered for.
Cooking Class Information
- Seating in our classes is on a first-come,
first-served basis. We recommend early arrival if you would like
group seating. Doors open 30 minutes prior to start of class.
- Most classes are demonstration-style and
last 2 to 3 hours unless otherwise noted. Printed recipes will be
- A tasting of the dishes demonstrated in class
will be served.
- A portion of the cooking class fee includes
nonalcoholic beverages and up to two glasses of wine (for students
over 21 years of age). Alcohol may not be brought in from anywhere
outside of the classroom.
- Teachers reserve the right to alter menus
due to seasonal availability of ingredients.
- In Hands-On classes, we encourage long pants
and close-toed/rubber-soled shoes. Aprons, knives and utensils are
provided for in-class use.
- Draeger's reserves the right to cancel any
class due to insufficient enrollment. If a class is canceled, we
will contact you by phone and transfer your fee to another class
of your choice or refund your fee.
- The classroom is air-conditioned in order
to keep both the instructor and the audience comfortable. The temperature
may vary during the course of a class. We suggest you bring a sweater
- Join Draegers Frequent Fryer club. Enroll
yourself in 10 classes and receive one free class ($50 value). Some
restrictions apply. Call our administrative office for more information
- To ensure the enjoyment of all participants,
Draegers cannot accommodate patrons bringing children under the age
of 12 years, with the exception of Draegers Junior Chefs Club. Children
ages 12 and 13 are welcome to attend class at the full price of admission,
accompanied by a paying adult. Children 14 and older are welcom to
attend class by themselves at the full price of admission
- All registrations and cancellations go through
our office in San Mateo. Please call (650) 685-3704 for assistance.
- A reservation canceled by 5:00 PM fourteen
days or more in advance of a reserved class date entitles you to
a full refund of the class fee or a transfer to another class. The
reservations office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, hence, reservations
for classes held on weekends must be canceled by 5:00 PM on the prior
Friday two weeks in advance of the canceled class date.
- A reservation canceled by 5:00 PM at least
seven days in advance entitles you to switch your reservation to
a future class date selected at the time of cancellation - NO LATER
- with an appropriate payment for any additional cost.
- A reservation canceled 7 days or less
prior to the reserved class date is non-refundable, unless the
class is sold out, has a waiting list, and Draegers is able to
accommodate your cancellation with a reservation from the waiting
list. You may, however, send someone in your place.
- Purchasing cancellation insurance is an option for more flexibility to cancel less than 1 week prior to a class.
- You may purchase cancellation insurance for a nonrefundable $10 per person, per class, payable at the time of registration.
- Cancellation insurance allows the flexibility to cancel with less than 1 weeks' notice and still be able to reschedule or hold class credit for the future.
- Opting out of insurance will require at least 1 week notice to hold credit on file for the future. Two weeks' notice is still required for all refunds.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
WHEREAS DRAEGER’S SUPEMARKETS, INC., a California corporation, hereinafter referred to as “DRAEGER” is offering classes for customers, hereinafter referred to as “Customer” in the culinary arts by and through various culinary employees and independent contractors.
WHEREAS, by its very nature, such classes shall include instruction of the use of sharp cutlery and hot cooking surfaces, fluids and vessels, such as stove tops, ovens, pots and pans and hot liquids.
WHEREAS, it is imperative that the Customer, whose , name is set forth hereinbelow, enrolled in such classes, follow all instructions as given during such classes. Further, it is imperative that Customer and assume all risk and accept all responsibility for participating in said classes as set forth hereinbelow.
NOW THEREFORE, THE PARTIES AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- Upon execution of this Agreement and Release of Claims, the Customer, has requested inclusion in said class.
- Draeger is willing to include the Customer in the class on the condition that the course fee is paid in advance, and that Customer execute and deliver the following release and indemnification of Draeger:
In consideration of the above the, Customer, assumes all risk inherent in participating in such classes and hereby releases and forever discharges Draeger from any and all claims whatsoever, arising out of injury or loss, that Customer may have against Draeger, its officers, directors, agents, assigns, employees or successors in interest, arising out of participation of the Customer in such class or based on any action or inaction of Draeger, its agents, assigns or employees, from or after the date of this Agreement. Customer expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, the effect of which has been explained individually to Customer. Civil Code Section 1542 provides as follows:
"A general release does not extend to a claim which a creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him, must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
- The parties agree that this is not an admission of fault or liability on the part of Draeger relative to any classes offered herein.
- The foregoing constitutes a full and final settlement between Customer of any and all claims against Draeger, its officers, directors, agents, employees, successors and/or assigns, which arose out of or are in any way connected with the classes offered to herein.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you in our cooking classes.